As Vice Chair of Elder Affairs, Brian is proud to stand up for our seniors.
Our seniors have and will always be our most valuable asset within our communities. The way we treat our seniors says a lot about who we are as a society. As Vice Chairman of the Joint Committee on Elder Affairs, Brian is proud of the work he has done to make sure our seniors are treated with the utmost respect and care. As our population ages and lives longer, we need to make sure our health care is affordable, accessible and reliable. Brian looks forward to continuing to work diligently on their behalf.
BRIAN SUPPORTED LEGISLATION TO:
• Establish the Family Caregiver Tax Credit
• Assist elders and people with disabilities across the commonwealth with emergency shelter and services
BRIAN SUPPORTED FUNDING FOR:
• Increasing the assessment, placement and homelessness prevention services for the homeless and at-risk elders
• Providing a grant to a statewide Alzheimer’s disease advocacy and education organization for a public awareness and education campaign
• Allocating over $29 million to conduct protective services case management